Matt is The Bunker’s oldest. He has been in the fitness industry for 11+ years.
His passion for health and fitness comes from his background in professional Rugby League, where his career spanned over 19 years in England and Australia representing some of the biggest clubs in the game.
He captained his country at the 2018 Emerging Nations World Cup and is now Head Coach of the Brazilian Women’s National Rugby League team. Matt is a gentle giant who really cares about people. He has a huge passion for helping people surpass their expectations of themselves.
Matt will show you the way to stepping out of your comfort zone and achieving greatness, a skill
honed from his professional footy career.
- 11+ years Personal Training in the UK and Australia
- Advanced Level 3 Personal trainer (UK)
- Level 2 Group Fitness Instructor
- Professional Athlete for 19 years
- Elite Level Rugby League Coach
I specialise in Muscle Growth, Strength & Conditioning and Sports Coaching.
1. I was a professional Rugby League player for 19 years. I played over 250 first grade games in the UK and Australia combined. I represented England and my dual national country Brazil in Rugby League and Rugby 7’s
2. I once was used for a television commercial and was turned into a huge man mountain made from rock using CGI
3. I am the current Head Coach for the Brazilian Women’s Rugby League team and I’ll be coaching them in the Rugby League World Cup in 2021
Download Matt's Programme
WHAT Matt's CLIENTS SAY
“I came to Matt for help to improve my strength performance and to help minimise weight training injuries. I have worked with a number of trainers in the past and working Matt has been the only time I have seen consistent results. Despite COVID, 2020 has been my first year of lifting without the usual injuries that set me back. By designing a clear program exactly aligned with my preferences, goals and lifestyle, Matt helped me achieve improvements in strength while also preventing injury. Through advanced experience in professional sport, Matt also has expertise in proper lifting technique and mindset. Matt is also a good guy and genuinely cares about the progress of his clients.”
“Training with Matt has been an absolute pleasure. I’ve been training with him for a little over a year now. After having not really trained properly before, Matt’s been really helpful in teaching me proper techniques, and I’ve been noticing weekly improvements in both strength and muscle mass.”
“Matt has been amazing to train with. Correcting my technique, building my strength and rehabilitating an old injury. He’s constantly encouraging and has pushed me beyond what I thought I was capable of. I always look forward to our sessions for the next challenge we are going to work on. I would recommend him highly to anyone looking to push themselves to the next level.”