1. I’m a Professional Rugby League Player.
2. I’m a Dual National; English/Brazilian.
3. I was once used in a TV commercial through CGI to create a huge man made out of rock.
1. 9+ years as a Personal Trainer
2. Level 3 Advanced Personal Trainer (UK Qualified)
3. Strength and Conditioning Coach in Rugby League
4. Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
1. I believe in strengthening the whole body to be able to be able to perform everyday tasks at ease.
2. I teach Olympic lifting, power lifting and add in specific conditioning to improve overall fitness.
3. My sessions are fun, varied and will always push you to your find your best!
Download Matt's Programme
WHAT Matt's CLIENTS SAY
After losing a lot of weight and starting my fitness journey in the gym, I started training on my own. As much as I was dedicated I wasn't seeing the results I was hoping for. I'd signed up for my first ever 10k, it was only 4 months away and realised that I needed help to be able to complete the race.
I had seen Matt training his clients, all at various levels of fitness. I was impressed at his professionalism and the way he interacted and trained his clients. That is when I approached him for some help, and I never looked back since my first session with him.
During my initial consultation, we discussed my goals and what I wanted to achieve, with my passion for weight training and impending 10K Matt devised a personal training programme for me.
This entailed a lot of high intensity functional training (power lifting, squats, burpees, running and strength training). As well as attending his class 3 times a week. Matt also created a diet and nutrition plan suitable to my own specific needs. This is an area with which I struggle. His supplementation and nutritional advice has been invaluable, and now impacts in my daily diet.
Since I began training with Matt, my body shape has totally changed. My overall fitness, stamina and strength has increased dramatically and I never envisaged that I would ever be able to lift the weights I do.
More importantly though, Matts approach to his PT sessions with you is to motivate, encourage and support you. His training is tough, but certainly gets results. I had days/weeks where I would lose motivation both in the gym and with my diet, but he is always available to offer guidance, support and advice to get you refocused and motivated again.
I trained with Matt for a three years before he moved to Australia, I know if I still need support he will always be there to help. He is a massive inspiration to me, I'm very proud of the journey I've been on with him to have had him as my PT. If you are looking to get in the best shape of your life, I have no hesitation in recommending him.